The ISTAT International Appraisers' Program (IAP) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Program Executive Director. Applicants must, along with being a member of ISTAT in good standing, have at least 3-5 years industry experience, a university degree and experience with association or program management.
The Administrative Director provides full time direction, administrative support and assistance to the Chairman of the ISTAT Appraisers’ International Board of Governors, and similarly works closely with the Executive Director of the ISTAT headquarters staff to manage all aspects of the ISTAT Appraisers’ Program including development and delivery of Appraising 101, Appraiser exams, and Continuing Education programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as subject matter expert to oversee program enhancements, including the automation of all phases of the IAP including training module development (Appraising 101 and Continuing Ed), Continuing Education program management, and the eventual development and launch of a recertification program.
- Develop the IAP marketing strategy plan. Coordinate all social media, public relations, and messaging efforts with the IBG Chairman, while acting as a liaison to ISTAT HQ for the oversight of social media accounts.
- Liaise with other relevant entities such as, but not limited to ASA, IVSC, financial and regulatory bodies, media and event organizers to promote the ISTAT IAP.
- Speak at ISTAT and other conferences on the valuation principles, and visibly promote IAP if appropriate.
- Work with IBG Chairman to secure speakers and organize the Continuing Education seminar and appraisers’ business meeting held during the ISTAT Americas Conference and other ISTAT events.
- Prepare reports for ISTAT Board Meetings and provide ad hoc reporting as needed as requested by the IBG Chairman.
- Perform final review of all applications to join the program, including personally checking listed references by the applicant and sponsor. Where necessary, request the appraiser and/or the non-appraiser members of the IBG to assist in following up on the references.
- Review all applications for advancement in grade from Candidate to Appraiser for qualifications and coordinate the review of the Candidate’s sample appraisal reports, with the appraiser members of the IBG. Review all applications for advancement in grade from Appraiser to Senior Appraiser in coordination with the Chairman and Senior Appraisers on the IBG.
- In conjunction with the IBG Chairman, compose examination questions; arrange, administer and proctor the annual examinations for appraisers who have applied for advancement in grade.
- Oversee the process of Sr. Appraiser members grading examination papers, and act as an arbiter in any disputes from the grades given after grading the disputed paper himself. Review all graded papers for fairness and correct allocation of marks to each answered question.
- In conjunction with the IBG Chairman, revise and distribute the Appraisers’ Program handbook as necessary.
- Coordinate appraisals for all issues of Jetrader and ensure they are provided in a timely manner.
- Be a member in good standing
- Have at least 3-5 years industry experience
- Have a university degree and experience with management of an association or program
- Possess strong public speaking and organizational skills
- Be willing to travel internationally to most ISTAT conferences along with any additional industry events deemed appropriate.
Note: Candidate location still under consideration and may be a determining factor in eligibility.
Direct inquiries and/or CV to IAPED@istat.org. Posting will close 26 September.