The 2006 Scholarship Program
The 2006 Scholarship Program was the first year that the Foundation conducted an open call for scholarship applications from both Civil Aviation Accredited domestic institutions and renowned international institutions. The response was very successful and the foundation received 43 applications from 23 schools.
The Foundation awarded over $115,000 in scholarships to 17 students in eight countries including the United States, the United Kingdom, Turkey, The Netherlands, China, Germany, Australia and Kenya.
Domestic Scholarship Winners – 2006
- Dana William Messier – Florida Institute of Technology
- Timothy Billon – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Meagan Montgomery – Auburn University
- Ryan Michael Brown – University of North Dakota
- Garrett Paul Buckholtz – Daniel Webster College
- Kristopher Walkosz – University of Dubuque
- Andrew Tchouamo – University of Central Missouri
- Sandra Patino – Purdue University
International Scholarship Winners – 2006
- Andrew Davison – Newcastle Aviation Academy – Kingston
- Christine Wobken – TU Braunschweig
- Soufianne Bouarfa – TU Delft
- Chao Liu – TU Delft
- Daniel Yelf – University of NSW
- Yunxiang Yin – Civil Aviation University of China
- Ercan Akkas – Anadolu University
- Peter Kimani Mwangi – East African School of Aviation
- Shadrach Wesechere – MOI University
The 2006 Scholarship Committee was comprised of Bob Brown, Roland Moore, Hannah McCarthy, Jon Batchelor, Chris Partridge, Vito La Forgia, David Hosley, Frauke Oberdiek, Julianne Bendel, and Dana Henninger.