About the Foundation
The International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading Foundation (ISTAT Foundation) was founded in 1994 to support individuals and institutions that promote the advancement of commercial aviation and humanitarianism. Funding for programs is provided by annual grants from ISTAT and contributions from individuals and companies. The ISTAT Foundation Board of Trustees, a separate entity from the ISTAT Board of Directors, manages fundraising and programming that meets the Foundation's objectives.
For more information on the programs of the ISTAT Foundation, view the ISTAT Foundation brochure.
For media information, view the ISTAT Foundation press releases.
Save the date for the Inaugural ISTAT Foundation Gala on 4 June 2018 in Chicago, IL. Check back soon for more information.
View the ISTAT Foundation 2017 Mid-Year Report and learn about the impact the Foundation is making.
The ISTAT Foundation supports five programs that fosters interest in, creates opportunities for and provides assistance to the global aviation community.
- Scholarships to academically-qualified students pursuing an aviation-related degree at an accredited university.
- Internships offer opportunities for students seeking careers in aviation.
- ISTAT U offers students the opportunity to participate in an ISTAT University Certificate Program focusing on Aviation Finance.
- Grants to educational institutions, museums and other nonprofit organizations that need funding to stimulate commercial aviation interest at various academic levels.
- Humanitarian aid efforts, wherein commercial aviation plays a role.
Hear from ISTAT’s past scholarship students about how contributions to the Foundation are making an impact on their lives.