ISTAT Foundation Headed Towards Record Breaking Year
The ISTAT Foundation released its Mid-Year Report, providing updates on four of the six core ISTAT Foundation programs: the Scholarship Program, Humanitarian Aid Program, Grants Program and ISTAT University Program. Highlights from the report include:
- Awarded 42 students from 21 countries a record breaking $351,051 USD in scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Provided an urgent humanitarian aid grant of $25,000 USD to Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) to provide famine-relief flights in South Sudan
- Allowed 16 organizations to deliver on their missions through the help of grants amounting to more than $77,000 USD
- Celebrated the graduation of the first ISTAT U 2.0 class, consisting of 10 students from seven countries
- Launched the ISTAT Mentorship Program
"I am thrilled about the ISTAT Foundation's accomplishments thus far this year; we are already working hard to ensure the second half of 2017 is equally as successful," said Jep Thornton, ISTAT Foundation Chairman. "On behalf of the entire ISTAT Foundation, I would like to thank all those who provide financial support to the Foundation and allow us to positively impact the lives of others."
View the ISTAT Foundation Mid-Year Report here.
Questions? Contact ISTATFoundation@ISTAT.org