ISTAT News | 10 February 2019
The ISTAT Appraisers Program
ISTAT Appraisers Program Board of Governors Open Non-Appraiser Positions
The ISTAT Appraisers Program (IAP) is seeking ISTAT members interested in serving as non-appraiser members of the IAP Board of Governors (IBG). There are three positions with two-year terms to be filled. The IBG administers, oversees, modifies standards and procedures of appraisal practice and governs the IAP. The IBG also hears, reviews and rules on any disciplinary action should an Appraiser Candidate or any level of ISTAT Certified Appraiser be accused of violating the IAP Principals of Appraisal Practice and Code of Ethics. The IBG is the driving force in developing the strategy and direction of this cornerstone of the ISTAT community.
The IBG is comprised of five ISTAT Certified Senior Appraisers, consisting of the Chair, the Vice Chair, the Secretary and the two Senior Appraiser members of the IBG Examinations and Testing Committee. There are also five non-appraiser members representing such interests as airlines, aircraft traders, commercial and investment banks, debt and equity investors, lessors, original equipment manufacturers, ratings agencies, etc.
For more information on the IAP, please visit the IAP webpage.
- ISTAT member in good standing
- Minimum of five years ISTAT membership
- Senior position within the aviation industry
- Meetings/conference calls at the request of the Chair, typically at ISTAT conferences and periodically throughout the year
- Participation on IAP standing committees, of interest and as assigned
- Two-year term
- Send a CV and a cover letter, which should include a summary of qualifications and highlights how you would be a value-added member of the IBG, to the IAP Executive Director at email@example.com
- All applications must be received by Monday, 18 February 2019
- Interested candidates will be considered based on his/her qualifications and how his/her background and interests would benefit the IAP
- A slate of candidates will be presented to the ISTAT Board of Directors who will make selections at the board meeting following the ISTAT Americas conference in March