ISTAT DEI Award
The ISTAT DEI Award nominations are now closed. Please check back in August for the award winner announcement!
The ISTAT DEI Award aims to highlight and showcase ISTAT member companies, teams or individuals who are “DEI Champions”; those who are positive role models, advocates, and allies in supporting DEI within the aviation industry. Rather than awarding a company’s DEI maturity level, this recognition focuses on specific projects with tangible impact in advancing DEI in their sphere of influence. Projects may fall under categories such as creating opportunities, best practices, collaboration or other areas of impact.
By applying for the ISTAT DEI Award, nominees will:
- Demonstrate commitment to advancing DEI in the industry;
- Showcase internal and/or external strategies, talent, and progress;
- Share with the ISTAT community how to continuously improve diversity efforts and results.
The ISTAT DEI Award winner will be recognized at ISTAT EMEA and provided several opportunities to present and share their insights to the community via ISTAT's variety of content offerings.
The 2023 ISTAT DEI award will be presented at ISTAT EMEA with the following nomination timeline:
- Nominations open 6 March 2023
- Nominations close 31 May 2023
- Winner will be notified in August
- Award presented at ISTAT EMEA 3 October 2023
- Nominees must be ISTAT members (corporate or individual) in good standing for at least two or more consecutive years.
- Individuals, teams, or organizations are eligible for this award.
- Anyone may submit a nomination with the candidate's permission. Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominations must clearly document why the organization or individual should be considered, above all others, for this distinguished award.
ISTAT’s DEI Committee evaluates each nomination and makes recommendations to the ISTAT Board of Directors. The ISTAT Board of Directors then selects the final ISTAT DEI Award Winner.
ISTAT DEI Committee:
- Mylene Scholnick, Committee Chair, Amazon Air
- Donna Ager, Maples
- Sarah Aoun, Airbus Americas, Inc
- Bryson Monteleone, PwC Ireland