ISTAT News | 28 February 2022
ISTAT Americas 2022 Sustainability Efforts
ISTAT’s Commitment to Sustainability
Sustainability will remain at the forefront of all ISTAT activities and discussions with the adoption of sustainable practices promoted and encouraged as the aviation industry works toward a low carbon future.
ISTAT is working closely with the ISTAT Americas venues and vendors to adopt sustainable practices. Here are some of the efforts put forth:
- Reducing plastic consumption with no use of straws or bottled water (except in designated areas). Water bubblers with recyclable cups will be available.
- Eliminate single use plastic and use of recyclable materials when possible.
- Provide visible and accessible reduction, reuse, recycling and composting services for paper, metal, plastic, glass and compost.
- Any functions where items are left on tables or trays, will be sorted by hotel staff into recycling and garbage.
- No printed attendee lists. Attendees are encouraged to use the ISTAT mobile app to access information for the conference.
- Provide the “meal of the day” for attendee’s breakfast and lunches to optimize ingredients and reduce food waste.
- Will not place notepads, pens, candies, etc. in each meeting room to reduce waste and plastic use.
- Non-perishable food items will be donated to Chef’s Against Hunger.
- Incorporating living décor elements that can be donated to charitable establishments post event.
Emissions and Energy Use:
- Lighting and temperature controls in event spaces are turned down when spaces are not in use.
- Hyatt’s Conserve program assists in reducing energy and water use associated with laundry.
- All vendor rentals for furniture, floral, and deliveries are locally based, eliminating delivery emissions
- Sourcing energy efficient vehicles for attendee transportation and delivery of equipment
- Hired busses for transportation are state of the art vehicles which assist in reducing emissions, and comply with the latest environmental policies and legislation.
- Busses will be turned off when not in use to save on carbon footprint; no idling
What attendees can do:
- Use the World of Hyatt App and become a member, for digital check-in, keys and checkout to reduce the use of printing, paper and plastic.
- Leave recyclable items on tables if you cannot locate a recycle bin immediately; the Hyatt team will properly recycle.
To see additional details about our venue and vendor’s sustainability policies, read more:
For additional information or questions on sustainability efforts at ISTAT Americas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.