ISTAT News | 15 March 2023
Press Release: New ISTAT President, Executive Committee and Board Members Announced
CHICAGO, IL, USA (15 March 2023) – At ISTAT Americas in San Diego last week, newly elected ISTAT President Mary Prettyman stepped into the role that she will serve in through March 2025. Prettyman, Head of Marketing, Commercial Engines at Pratt & Whitney, is the first female president of the organization and has served on the board since 2013. In her two year term as President, Prettyman will lead the ISTAT board and executive committee, which includes the following members:
- Vice President: Marilyn Gan, Senior Vice President and Head of Asia Pacific, Vmo Aircraft Leasing
- Treasurer: Gerry Laderman, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, United Airlines
- Secretary: Peter Blakeney, Managing Director, Arena Aviation Capital
- Immediate Past President: Dean Gerber, Managing Member, Airfin Advisors
In addition to these leadership changes, five new ISTAT board members were elected by the ISTAT membership.
- Marine Benoit, Vice President - Aircraft Leasing and Marketing, Aviation Capital Group
- Sarah Conway, Senior Vice President, Deucalion Aviation Limited
- Michael Littleton, Head of Aircraft Trading, SMBC Aviation Capital
- Paul O'Dwyer, Chief Commercial Officer, ORIX Aviation
- Paraic Quinn, Head of Capital Markets & Trading, Avolon
Sigthor Einarsson, Chairman & Senior Partner at ICELEASE, also stepped into the role of Chair of the ISTAT Foundation, a role he will hold through March 2025.
“It is a true honor to be leading ISTAT, with its 40-year history playing a vital role in connecting professionals from so many facets of the aviation industry,” Prettyman said. “I appreciate the dedication our existing board members have displayed during their time on the board and I look forward to working alongside them, plus the five newly elected board members, during my term. There’s a lot of energy and enthusiasm coming from this group as we look to continue to deliver the best quality, globally impactful programs to the industry.”
Below are additional ISTAT directors currently serving on the Board:
- Sarah Aoun, Head of Capital Markets, Airbus
- Adrian Dharsan, Head of ASPAC, Sales, DAE Capital
- Mamoun Kuzbari, Chief Commercial Officer, Novus Aviation Capital
- Bryson Monteleone, Senior Advisor, Aviation Finance Advisory Services, PwC Ireland
- Peter Negline, CEO & Founder, Macrolytics Pty Ltd
- Adam Pilarski, Senior Vice President, Consulting, AVITAS Inc.
- Wolfgang Schmid, Vice President Sales & Marketing, EFW - Elbe Flugzeugwerke GmbH
- Mylene Scholnick, Head of Fleet Transactions and Management, Amazon Air
About the International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT)
Founded in 1983, the International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT) has been dedicated to fostering and promoting interest and educational opportunities in commercial aviation while providing a forum for those involved in the aviation and supporting industries. ISTAT represents more than 5,000 members worldwide who are involved in operating, manufacturing, maintaining, selling, purchasing, financing, leasing, appraising, insuring or other activities related to the commercial aviation sector. ISTAT is committed to providing its members with the highest quality and best-value networking and education opportunities in commercial aviation, administering the industry’s leading appraiser program, and investing in the future through the ISTAT Foundation. To learn more about ISTAT or for membership information, visit www.istat.org.